• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are your plans for the future?

aaronnorth

What would you like to do eventually?

I would like to set up one large tank (probobaly 120 - 150cm) and have all the aesthetically pleasing equipment like a luminaire and lily pipes etc. full with plants and produce a long term scape, not necassarily with slow growing plants either.

Just wondering what everyone else would like to do?

Thanks, Aaron :D

good post aaron.

im going to set up my arcadia tommorrow :D

my big tank, i''ll rip down and rescape something alomg the lines of my optiwhite. i want this to enter into next years competitions. im getting all my hardscape stuff together. i want to be as grand as anything.(well at least try to be :? ) tiered rock formations, its quite a high tank so i gota get rid of some of the height.

i think when my stems have bushed out on my opti white i might start again with that too.

mark

Hi All,my future plan for my 150x 40 x 60 is to turn it into a planted discus tank,regards john, ps,if i won the lottery i would move to a big house and i would have the biggest chuffin tank you have seen in a house,it would be at least twelve feet long,three foot wide,and two foot high,then i would have a glass divider in the middle and it would be planted one side and marines the other side ,AWESOME or what :lol: :lol:

Wow thats one nice setup,i wonder how long it takes to do a water change :lol: ,regards john

In the New Year I'm going to replace my 48x12x18" low-tech living room tank with a 36x24x24" high tech opti-white tank. This will also replace my current 24x12x15" high tech tank which I'll use for practice scapes, growing plants on, etc. I'd also like to combine my shrimp and betta tanks to save space. Garden pond is also on the menu, but that is some way off... I've got to fit a 200sx engine in a mkII Polo before that :lol:

I'd have a setup similar to Amanos lounge, with a huge 10x4x4 (or some similar dimension) planted at one end of the room, and the same size but Reef at the oopsite end of the room, and a big comfy leather sofa so i could sit and watch

First I have to come to terms with stripping down one of my scapes to make way for my new 60 x 30 x 30 opti white.
Not sure which way to go with this tank but am hoping to get a least a couple of good scapes in this tank so I have a number of options for next years ADA.

My plans are to try and master plants first, see how that goes in the next 6-12 months. Try a few different types.

Once I've got the hang of that, I'd like to go smaller rather than bigger as I found that for me maintaining a 180ltr tank does take some time and as I'm working late most evenings now, I don't really get the benefit of the effort for that long!

So maybe a 60cm optiwhite tank, with all the kit. Do it properly from the outset.

Other than that, find a girlfriend...

Back