• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are your plans for the future?

saintly said:
Superman said:
Other than that, find a girlfriend...

you think a tank is hard work? high maintenence? .....

your in for a shock! :lol:

lol ..... I'll second that

Aiming to set up a 4x2x2 ft Discus tank, full on nature aquarium, medium lighting good soil, long term, low maintenance.
Heckel and Alenquer discus. Some shoaling species, maybe. Might just keep it discus.

Filled with moss and ech. tenellus floor, microsorum 'narrow' and bolbitis on tall wood structures, crypt balansae and ech. horemanii.

Just thinking about the water changing in a larger tank, I dread the thought of WC on my 30 gal every week :eek:

For the future, I'd like to actually own my own house and who knows, find a GF too ;)

On the tank side of things, I'd love to setup a mid-sized nature aquarium. The scapes I really enjoy looking at are the fantastic wood/moss tanks. I especially like the ones in the ADA 2008 catalogue. They just have more depth in my opinion :)

So I'd love to setup something like that. Something relatively tall and deep to get some good depth going.

Focusing on my new 4ft is keeping my thoughts of more tanks busy for the time being. I dont think I'd ever go really big, say 10 or 12ft due to the water requirement, unless I lived in a very soft water area, I guess. I have switched to rain water now though so that deals with the RO waste water issue at least!

I'll probably get lynched, but marines is my next thing. Not that I'll leave the green side for the hobby, but its nice to have variety.

If I did anything is would probably be several 60cm scape's. Nice size to work with, but not to much hassle to redo every 6 12 months as my mood takes me.

Sam

Themuleous said:
If I did anything is would probably be several 60cm scape's. Nice size to work with, but not to much hassle to redo every 6 12 months as my mood takes me.

That's a very good point :) I might be swapping out my 60x30x30 for a Juwel Rekord 70 (61x31x46cm) which I think would give good proportions for most scape ideas :) The additional depth is a bonus.

jay said:
Aiming to set up a 4x2x2 ft Discus tank, full on nature aquarium, medium lighting good soil, long term, low maintenance.
Heckel and Alenquer discus. Some shoaling species, maybe. Might just keep it discus.

Filled with moss and ech. tenellus floor, microsorum 'narrow' and bolbitis on tall wood structures, crypt balansae and ech. horemanii.

Just thinking about the water changing in a larger tank, I dread the thought of WC on my 30 gal every week :eek:

You could get a pump to empty it like this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1729 although it doesnt have to be that complicated, just get a pump and empty it down the sink or ooutside. Then get a hosepipe and fill it up. You could do an all in one system like that or get a python.

aaronnorth said:
jay said:

You could get a pump to empty it like this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1729 although it doesnt have to be that complicated, just get a pump and empty it down the sink or ooutside. Then get a hosepipe and fill it up. You could do an all in one system like that or get a python.

Untreated tap water straight into a discus tank??!!
I perish the thought mate.

OOPS!! My bad.

Even so, I dont like the idea one bit to be honest. Remember a few weeks back I did a water change and forgot to
add de-chlorinator and I lost a couple rummynose :(

My Plans for the future are of course world domination ;)

On a more serious note I intend to live within my means as peacefully and happily as possible before retiring at 50 and moving to my wife's native home Portugal where what is a meagre pension in the UK will be quite reasonable due to the lower cost of living over there. I will of course then be even happier due to there not being so much rain and not so many moaning brits. lol (this of course means I shall be staying well away from the Brit-packed Algarve)

AC

lower cost of living over there. I will of course then be even happier due to there not being so much rain and not so many moaning brits. lol (this of course means I shall be staying well away from the Brit-packed Algarve

lol, Tavira where i went had very few brits. Cheap you can say that again, 55p for a bottle of the best brand wine :wideyed: and about £1.20 for 6 bottles of lager - amazing :lol:

but they say that 40% of the Villas in the Algarve are owned by Brits. Mostly property investors that rent them out to holiday companies etc.

2 years ago was the last time I flew from Faro and we went via Albufeira in the car (to brother in laws fav 24 hr restaurant.) Was mid-September and several times (between 3 and 4am) we had to break, swerve etc for the drunkard brits staggering from bars across roads etc.

How did I know they were Brits?

Eeeen-gerrrr-lerrrrnd,Eeeen-gerrrr-lerrrrnd, Eeeen-gerrrr-lerrrrnd.

Can't remember how the rest of the song went....oh yes I do

Eeeen-gerrrr-lerrrrnd,Eeeen-gerrrr-lerrrrnd, Eeeen-gerrrr-lerrrrnd.

And the footie wasn't even on. lol

AC

Back