• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Autumn stuff can I add to my shrimp tank

Iain agreed. Leaves have all started to change colour and drop in Southern Hampshire. The Meon valley is a picture.

Took the girls to the forest for a play and forage, and had a wide range of trees to harvest from. Picked up leaves from beech, horse chestnut, and pine needles.

Will throw the pine needles away.

Have had the beech trees in boiling water for the last 3 hours and have removed to dry.

Not sure on the horse chestnut leaves. Plus we managed to get lots of the horse chestnuts themselves so will be looking devour those over the coming weeks.

A truly picturesque time of year.

Let's hope the shrimp manage to take advantage of it too.

R

Thankfully due to some shipping errors, I have approx 3litres of purigen so I can afford to be extravagant. But if it is going to be removing good stuff from the water column I might reconsider. Although shrimp all seem good to date.
R

Lol. I need some, So if your looking to shift, give me a shout ;)

Yeah Purigen removes the tannins from the water. I dont want to put some Regenerated purigen in the filter. Im scared :dead:

I have regenerated purigen a few times in the fish tank. As per the directions and using seachem dechlorinator. Everything fine. Not a problem.

Back