• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what clean up crew can I have?

1uke

I have a fare amount of algae and a few plants rotting a little. I was thinking adding some snails or something to help keep things clean but think my fish might eat them.
Fish List:
Clown Loaches
RTBS
Angels
Neon Tetra

1uke said:
I have a fare amount of algae and a few plants rotting a little. I was thinking adding some snails or something to help keep things clean but think my fish might eat them.
Fish List:
Clown Loaches
RTBS
Angels
Neon Tetra

1uke

Loaches will eat small snails, oto's will eat brown algae and Platties will munch on algae as well.

Regards
paul

Been reading and it seems some people have apple snails living with young clown loaches fine so going to give that a try! Whats the worst that can happen :twisted:

Be careful what Apple snails you go for, I think some aren't too plant friendly. Nerite snails are great algae eaters if you want snails, and I think they'll be fine with your current stock.

rawr said:
Be careful what Apple snails you go for, I think some aren't too plant friendly. Nerite snails are great algae eaters if you want snails, and I think they'll be fine with your current stock.

Just received some apple snails and hope there the good sort and dont eat my plants!! Now you have me worried.

1uke said:
rawr said:

Just received some apple snails and hope there the good sort and dont eat my plants!! Now you have me worried.
They're the good ones, my green tank will attest to that...
3982818451_84052e4ff2_b.jpg

However I'm not sure how long they'll survive with the loaches, but maybe they'll breed and and provide a live food source for your loaches.

Wow Love your tank everything looks so healthy!! My loaches are only babies and the snails you supplied are massive just what I wanted and almost the same size as the loaches lol. So far the loaches havent even really noticed the snails and think there to dumb to know there a food source (fingers crossed). The snails went straight to work and I love them such nice colours etc. Thankyou!!

Back