• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What colour backing?

Cro

I currently have blue backing paper on my tank and it's making life difficult reading the drop checker, I try reading it from a different angle but I have yellowish walls so that makes it even worse. I want to replace the backing paper anyway when I do my planted tank, I was going to go with the plant look backing but now I'm not sure. I can't leave it blank as both me and the missus hate seeing the pipes etc, so what colour would be best to set off the tank, the fish and would make it easier to judge the colour of the drop checker?

I've just been reading Bazz's journal and like the idea of black, I just wonder what it will look like in daylight?

Does white not show up every little bit of algae on the glass or is it better than I imagine? I'm new to all this so I'm sure it will take me a while before I can maintain an algae free tank.

black for me

Flyfisherman said:
If you are struggling with a colour - why not paint one side of the drop checker with tipex until you have decided "What" colour you want you backing - there is a thread regarding tipexing drop checkers.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6086

Paul.
I might try that, tyvm. :D

Back