What do do with old CO2 cannisters?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by nry, 5 Jan 2008.

1. nry

nry Member

What do I do with old/empty non-refillable CO2 cannisters? Are they safe to throw in the bin or do I need to take them somewhere specific?

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

If they are empty like the disposable ones will be, chuck them in the bin or better get recycle them. If its an FE then I reattached the horn and emptied it, then took it to the tip where they had a special caged area for pressurised cylinders.

Sam

3. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Member

You're not allowed to put the empty CO2 cannisters (i.e. metal with pressure valve at top) in the bin. The disposable ones are still pressurised cannisters the same as the refillables.

The council tip will have a section for disposing of things like gas cannister, fire extinguishers, empty oil drums etc. Anything that shouldn't go to landfill.

Andy

4. nry

nry Member

Fairy nuffskies, I have 4 cannisters now, my wife is getting a bit 'what are we supposed to do with all of these?' so now I can get rid of them, the tip is not far :)