• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What do you do?

Joecoral

What is everyones job / career?
I'm currently a student / part-time LFS employee, although I finish uni for good in 3 weeks and haven't a clue what to do after that. All I know is I need a job to pay the rent and bills :arghh:

My job title is "Senior Group Risk Analyst" for the Group Credit Risk Oversight Function within a financial company. It means I'm like a statistical consultant making sure that the business makes decisions based on correct information that has been produced in statistically sound ways.

Yes, I am a grown up geek... 8)

I didn't realise what I wanted to do after graduating but landed on my feet in the world Credit Risk. Don't rush your decision and take time at interviews asking loads of questions.

IT Network Administrator for a large university in central London.
We just in the middle of a major network upgrade and just waiting for the kit to be handed over so I can get started on my part of the work which will last the best part of a year, then I won't have much time for UKAPS!

Senior Pensions Administrator with in-house administrators of the UK pension arrangements for a large company. Not something I ever dreamed about when I started my Modern History degree (I wanted to be a teacher) but surprisingly I do use an awful lot of the skills picked up at Uni. I spent nearly two semesters complaining to my tutor that I'd never again have to use a micro-fiche machine and boy am I eating my words now ;)

Graphic Designer.

Student, fingers crossed I'll be heading to university to study architecture this September.

Garuf said:
Student, fingers crossed I'll be heading to university to study architecture this September.

I always fancied doing architecture, probably from watching too many episodes of Grand Designs. I went for Zoology in the end tho. Beginning to regret it a bit now tho, I enjoy the course but unless you want to work in a zoological job (which I dont), it apparently isnt good for much

'CF Registry Support and Development manager' the title is a bit of a mouthful for what is essentially the day to day running of a UK clinical registry (database). This is who I work for http://www.cftrust.org.uk. It might sound cheesy but I am genuinely quite proud of working for this charity. I can see how it helps people overall, and also specifically from the work I do :)

Sounds like George has the most interesting job - both of them!

I write embedded software for commercial and defence systems. I've done stuff for aircraft and train control software and I'm now working on an air traffic control system.

I'm the Year 6 teacher in a Primary school that has a small farm and a 3 acre wood. Now SATs are over it's a pretty great job.

Analyst.

Streeeetch, yawn...

Wannabee property developer/cabinet maker

beeky said:
Sounds like George has the most interesting job - both of them!

different strokes for different folks... Ed's job looks most appealing to me. I love the teaching aspect of my job the most (then again it could just be the nurses that I am teaching to that I enjoy, lol.)

Back