• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape What do you think of this?

zoon

Juwel vision 180 with some lovely slate from our stream and a piece of Talawa wood I have been soaking for weeks, but still won’t sink! ( so that’ll need weighing down for quite a while!)

I will be getting another bag of soil for the rear as didn’t have as much left from another tank as I thought and will fairly heavily plant with easy stems and crypts and anubias/buce/java fern in the hardscape. Tank will be low tech with the juwel stock leds and no added co2. Any stem suggestions are welcome.

But before I get any further, how does the hardscape look? Feel free to be brutal, I don’t want to have to change it again once I start planting and adding water!

Attachments

• 5275439B-E335-4C48-AC4B-5EE0C2B01AF6.jpeg
    5275439B-E335-4C48-AC4B-5EE0C2B01AF6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 207
Hi there,

To me that piece of wood lying down looks like a dead sheep (sorry ) have you tried it standing up so it looks like a tree trunk with roots coming down to a riverbed?

Hi there,

To me that piece of wood lying down looks like a dead sheep (sorry ) have you tried it standing up so it looks like a tree trunk with roots coming down to a riverbed?

😂

how would you arrange the rocks around the wood? I’m not normally keen on scapes with wood coming down from the surface, I’ve not seen one I like

Sorry about the dead sheep comment, but if it made you laugh then all is good ;)

I would give it a go so it appears the "tree roots" are creeping down over the rocks, so make a pile of the rock and put/arrange the tree on them, see how it goes. :) It would be a good way to try to hide the filter box in the corner.

Look up images of Angkor Wat and see how the roots of the trees come down/through the ruined buildings.

Sorry about the dead sheep comment, but if it made you laugh then all is good ;)

I would give it a go so it appears the "tree roots" are creeping down over the rocks, so make a pile of the rock and put/arrange the tree on them, see how it goes. :) It would be a good way to try to hide the filter box in the corner.

Look up images of Angkor Wat and see how the roots of the trees come down/through the ruined buildings.

but what about the rest of the tank? That’d leave about half of it bare

Plants, more wood :)

What livestock do you have or planning on having?

Large shoal of ember tetras, large shoalof Pygmy cories or maybe Cory Habrosus, cherry shrimp, Otos and sparkling gouramis

I kind of like it, my main concern is that it seems to cut the tank in half front/back. The wood could be positioned more like roots going over the rocks, as Melll pointed out.

Back