• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What dry fish food do you use?

samboco

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Or if its been done before!!

i was just wondering which brands of dry food people would recommend? I'm looking for sinking pellets and flake Suggestions please.

my fish stock contains tetras, corys, SAEs, and red tail plecs. I am aware of giving a balanced diet with live, frozen and vegetable foods but for the purposes of this thread it's dried food I'm looking for. The pellets I use seem well received but I'm unsure of the quality but the flake doesn't seem to go down too well. I am currently using King British for both.

Yeah I'd second Ian there, tetra prima is a great all rounder, some floats some sinks so everything gets some. I also use the tetra min crisps, there's different types which I use for variety.

tetra here too but mine dont eat the red flakes. algae wafers for the plec and wood to graze on.:)

I moved over to NT Labs food, tiny granules.. Some sink and some float, minimal mess as the fish just gobble them up! have to say all my fish go mad for them and so far so good with colours on the fish:thumbup:

I use Tetra Prima for larger fish and for smaller fish Hikari micro pellets.

New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula for me, the smallest 1mm granules - all fish love it, you can crush further for ember tetras etc.

It's designed to enhance colours naturally and I have to say the colours and vitality I see from the fish is fantastic...

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Or if its been done before!!

i was just wondering which brands of dry food people would recommend? I'm looking for sinking pellets and flake Suggestions please.

my fish stock contains tetras, corys, SAEs, and red tail plecs. I am aware of giving a balanced diet with live, frozen and vegetable foods but for the purposes of this thread it's dried food I'm looking for. The pellets I use seem well received but I'm unsure of the quality but the flake doesn't seem to go down too well. I am currently using King British for both.

Google TA aquaculture. All my food comes from there. Look at the red granular feed for sinking food and any of the flakes offered. Well worth ordering a decent amount and then just store it in the fridge in an air tight bag and it will keep fresh for ages.

Google TA aquaculture. All my food comes from there. Look at the red granular feed for sinking food and any of the flakes offered. Well worth ordering a decent amount and then just store it in the fridge in an air tight bag and it will keep fresh for ages.
Good to see TA aquaculture also sell large amounts of the New Life Spectrum products, under "spectrum". I love this stuff!

Using new life Spectrum small fish formula.
My platies, rummynose tetras love'em.
My corydoras dig for the leftovers.

Order placed with TA. Just went for their standard tropical mix, hoping for good things! Price was a good start, thanks for the tip.

I use tetra's generic flake and find it gives me an oily scum and the fish don't really associate with it as food, before that I've used various things from hikari and TA and I have to say, the feeding response is easily the strongest with TA, hikari was good but not amazing, tetras generic flake is largely ignored but TA's everything went for it, shrimp would swim to the surface turn upside down and cling to the flakes while eating them, really great products, worth mention is sera's granulated food which I found tetras went wild for like the ta flake but nothing else really bothered, not even the outwardly similar in size lamp eye killis or volcano rasboras so I had to supplement with hikari to feed anything else so if it's for tetras that's another option.

Anyone used the Ebay seller alh185? Ebay shop is called, A World of Fish.
Looks to have some interesting foods of all sorts.
The earthworm flake took my interest and was wondering if anyone had any experience of him?

Hi all,
Yes, I've bought some earthworm and spirulina flake (when I bought some floating cell media) from him. Another "enthusiast with a shop" and a real pleasure to do business with. <Hydroleca | UK Aquatic Plant Society>.

Bob Marklew (my friend, the sadly deceased Bristol plec god <View topic - RIP Bob Marklew ("macvsog23")>) bought his earthworm flake from him (which is why I got some), and that was about as good a recommendation as you could get.

cheers Darrel

Back