• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what external reactor should i buy for my 260l

lee

Seedling
i have just recently added a second filter to my 260l tank,a fluval 405,which is rated at 1300 lph,and i want to run an external reactor of it,what i want to find out is how to go about doing this,i have a rough idea,but i would like to ask some of u experiences hobbies how u would go about doing this and what sort of equipment i have to buy,i will have to buy different hoses for the filter as they are the ribbed ones on the 405,and would not fit the reactor,
Q1 wot sort of hosing set up would u go for
Q2 is the filter powerful enough to power the reactor as i now they only run at about half lph
Q3 what external reactor would you go for

lee said:
Q1 wot sort of hosing set up would u go for
Q2 is the filter powerful enough to power the reactor as i now they only run at about half lph
Q3 what external reactor would you go for

Q1 - get whatever it want really, it shouldn't make a difference. I would just get normal clear tubing the same diameter as the ribbed hosing.

Q2 - that filter should be more than enough. You could always take some of the sponge/media out to regain some of the flow the reactor takes out. If one filter was enough for the biological filtration, then you don't really need the second filter for do that part, although some sponge gives you the fail safe.

Q3 - If it were me I'd built my own. Off the self ones are expensive! Check this out

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626

Sam

Back