• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What filter for 10l and 25l tanks

Sheepy90

Seedling
Evening guys.
I am looking for some help with filters.
I have set up a 10l tank with a forest scape. So there is now very little room in the tank. I Purchased an all pond solutions hang on 400 filter but it just looks big and the inlet and outlet pipes are too long for the tank.
Can you suggest a decent external filter for the tank that won’t break the bank and will have inlet and outlet pipes no longer than 12cm?

I also have a 25l tank running with an internal filter that has the worst filtration and flow Iv ever seen. This tank has a hood on it so not sure whether an external filter would work on this or not but again could you suggest a decent filter. If it is internal I don’t want it to be big and clunky.

I have attached images of the 2 tanks below. 10l is the forest scape with pat and 25l is the rocks with couple of trees.

Thanks sean

Attachments

• 506EF1B8-9482-43F8-BF2C-5D0A20F44EFB.jpeg
    506EF1B8-9482-43F8-BF2C-5D0A20F44EFB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 279
  • 8C7A77BC-D526-46C2-AD8A-86CF1FE0337F.jpeg
    8C7A77BC-D526-46C2-AD8A-86CF1FE0337F.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 133
Aquael do a great little external hob, it might be versamax mini, it's superb for tanks of 10l or so as mentioned, would even do for the 25l

I’m also looking for something sleek and unobtrusive for a nano.

Let me know if you come across anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! :) Hob filter would be the best option for such small tanks... Search Ali or Ebay for it, the smallest ones come for a few buck and are really good, I've been using them already for years without complaints.

www.aliexpress.com/item/4000246939208.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.65c0198dWCvs5l&algo_pvid=7fa0a6c8-a2bd-4e78-b853-545958bf1554&algo_expid=7fa0a6c8-a2bd-4e78-b853-545958bf1554-6&btsid=0ab6fb8315914605702616167e2677&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Regarding placement you might want to check out the inlet, some are designed left-hand side others right-hand side.

Btw, look at this @LondonDragon threat what you all can do with a HOB... 👏
These are still running today haha not as good as they did in that photo but still doing strong with a shrimp colony in each still (Cherry Sakura and Yellows).
I will try and get some updated photos and post on that thread ;)

These are still running today haha not as good as they did in that photo but still doing strong with a shrimp colony in each still (Cherry Sakura and Yellows).
I will try and get some updated photos and post on that thread ;)

I’ve just taken a look and I’m blown away.

Considering either the HOB, or non powerful external... hmm

So a quick fix for now just to get abit of filtration in and get some media going. I have replaced my filter in my 25l with a Eheim pickup 45 which has made a massive improvement.
With the ciano CF40 that was in that tank I have cut the lower filter media section in half which has made it about 8-10 cm in height and it just fits in the corner of the tank for now so I can start cycling the tank properly. Creating some flow within the tank, not great but better than what I had

Bought myself a HOB filter off ebay came today and it’s great!! Small little filter clear plastic so can’t really see it and rescaped the tank as wasn’t happy with the Forest. Thanks for the eBay advice LondonDragon

Bought myself a HOB filter off ebay came today and it’s great!! Small little filter clear plastic so can’t really see it and rescaped the tank as wasn’t happy with the Forest. Thanks for the eBay advice LondonDragon

Would you be able to share a link with me please?

Back