• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What fish for a nano?

kishan313

Hi guys,

I have a 30cm cube with no lid, it was initially stocked with guppy’s who all committed suicide? Are there any small fish which are less likely to jump?

Thanks a lot
Kishan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two lidless NanoCubes that house shrimp only.

It's also possible that the glass lid for a 30l Dennerle NanoCube would fit (they measure 30x30x35cm, but obviously the height is not relevant here). ProShrimp sells them in the UK and Aquasabi also have them. The provided clips are intended for a tank with curved front corners, but it's easy enough to buy clips for any glass thickness on Amazon.

Hi guys,

I have a 30cm cube with no lid, it was initially stocked with guppy’s who all committed suicide? Are there any small fish which are less likely to jump?

Thanks a lot
Kishan

I’m surprised your guppies are jumping :(
Are they perhaps being startled?
Given good water conditions (and guppies are quite tolerant - though they do prefer harder water over very soft water) guppies are unlikely jumpers ... though I suppose if tank is filled to the rim, a relatively small movement can lead to “fish over the edge” :wideyed:

Thanks all, I may explore the glass lid. Currently I have put some egg crate on the tank as a temp measure.

May also toy with the floating plants.

I think you are right it could be a case of the fish getting startled but it must be something at night as that’s when they jump. A lid might just be the best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had placed 5 male guppies in an Aspire One 50L tank with a lid, and 3 jumped out over night! :( There is only a small feeding hole at the front of the lid and a 2 cm gap at the back where the filter pipes go in and that gap is somewhat enclosed with the roots of a Devil's Ivy plant which is going out of the back. I love the guppies as they added colour and life to the tank but never imagined they would jump as they did.

Back