• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What fish for my 60P tank

Cool, so you'd have these with a schooling fish, is that what you have?

Not in that tank but yeah that's what I'd do

They don't shoal themselves so would make an interesting addition. Even if you just had a couple so you saw them every now and again doing their own thing

A few weeks ago The Abyss had a fair few. £2-3 each if I remember correctly

Cheers for all the info

The tank isn’t fully planted yet, will be tomorrow. Had a disaster with my big tank, which is on the thread DISASTER! But you get the idea. It’s a low tech heavily planted tank. The rock is holding down the Manzanita is wood at the moment which won’t be there.

You mention 21 or 34 Boraras Brigittae’s. Is this not too many?
Picture attached [ATTACH=full]134429[/ATTACH]

Dear @Richard40 ,

The tank is looking perfect. The most exciting time of any tank! What are your planting plans?

No. It is just the right amount of a full stocking with 34 Chili's and 13 Lambchop's. But 21 Chili's and 13 Lambchop's would also work wonderfully. The contrast they create between each other in terms of size, color, movement differences ( they move very differently ) and the scape will be phenomenal.

Looking at your scape; 34 Green Neon Tetras or 13-21 Black Phantom Tetra's or 13-21 Red Phantom Tetra's would also be stockings that are worth the consideration.

Happy Fish Keeping :)

Thanks for the input.

So I’m considering Chilli Rasboras x 21 and Lamb chop rasboras x 13
Sparkling gourami x 5 and Dwarf rainbowfish x 20 Expensive option!
Dwarf rainbowfish x 10 Threadfin rainbofish x 10 Expensive option!

Not keen on green neons they look similar to the blue neons.

Plants are

Foreground

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Marsilea hirsuta

Midground

Helanthium Quadricostus
Staurogyne Repens
Crytocryne albida brown
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Microsorum pteropus trident

Onto rock and wood

Anubias petite
Bucephalandra sp. Red and wavy green
Mini Christmas moss

Background
Hygrophila Siamensis 53B
Bacopa Caroliniana
Ludwigia Repens

Thanks for the input.

So I’m considering Chilli Rasboras x 21 and Lamb chop rasboras x 13
Sparkling gourami x 5 and Dwarf rainbowfish x 20 Expensive option!
Dwarf rainbowfish x 10 Threadfin rainbofish x 10 Expensive option!

Not keen on green neons they look similar to the blue neons.
Sounds good however I think 20 dwarf rainbows may be too many in a 60p they are small compared to other melonataenia however they are a fair bit larger than say an espei rasbora or a threadfin rainbow. I recon 10 which is one of your suggestions would be ok though.

cheers

Conor

My LFS has Forktailed rainbow fish which look interesting. Think they would look good with some lambchop rasboras.

Although read these can be jumpers...which is a no no...swaying towards chilli rasboras here...or the luminatus (but maybe they could be jumpers also)

Although read these can be jumpers...which is a no no...swaying towards chilli rasboras here...or the luminatus (but maybe they could be jumpers also)
I keep a mesh cover with mine so couldn’t say, however I recon luminatus would be jumpers. To be fair all the fish you’ve suggested could possibly jump. I will never take the risk hence the mesh cover.

cheers

Conor

Back