• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What fish to get

Deano3

Hi everyone i vurrently have a 45p setup and have 11 neon tetras and some ottos and shrimp. Happy with ottos and shrimp however the neons dont seem to shoul very well, i would also like a snaller fish.

I am sure i could get rid or give away the neons but not sure what to replace with if i actually do any idea ? Rasboras maybe.

Trouble is there isnt many shops local to me that have decent selection of fish.

Not a definate yet but would love a smaller fish that sticks together better.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

@Deano3 I was at Dobbies at Ponteland the other week and they had all sorts of Tetra in, might be worth giving them a shout to see what they have in (it's a Maidenhead Aquatics franchise in store). I checked out both the Heighley Gate and Gosforth Park MA's but felt the Ponteland one was better stocked. Don't know if you got round to visiting the pet store at Royal Quays but they sometimes have decent fish in. However I was put off by there Betta stand which was as bad as the ones you see on YouTube in Walmart.

You're more than welcome to a scoop of Guppies if you want!

I'm going to be putting Embers in my new tank with a Betta.

@Deano3 I was at Dobbies at Ponteland the other week and they had all sorts of Tetra in, might be worth giving them a shout to see what they have in (it's a Maidenhead Aquatics franchise in store). I checked out both the Heighley Gate and Gosforth Park MA's but felt the Ponteland one was better stocked. Don't know if you got round to visiting the pet store at Royal Quays but they sometimes have decent fish in. However I was put off by there Betta stand which was as bad as the ones you see on YouTube in Walmart.

You're more than welcome to a scoop of Guppies if you want!

I'm going to be putting Embers in my new tank with a Betta.
Dobbies at birtley has not got the aquariums anymore i didnt relise the poteland one did so thanks for that, i may go with so sort of rasboras as smaller but manily want a fish that shoul well and stay together the neons seperate in this tank and hide etc.

Thanks for that mate will let you know what u decide.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

AM Aquatics in Team Valley has gone, Aqualand in Whickham never seems to be open any more- not sure if closed?

Maidenhead Aquatics at Dobbies seems to be your best bet. A bit further afield There’s 3 good shops through Durham way- Tropical Supplies North East, Chilton Aquatics & Fish Alive in Dragonville.

Liam

Back