What heater to use for a planted/iwugami tank?

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by grandb3rry, 16 Mar 2010.

1. grandb3rry

grandb3rry Member

I know this kind of question might not be appropriate in Hardware & DIY section, but I really want to know what one uses for a planted tank as a heater. If you look at High-tech tanks, you never see a heater!! Where is it hidden?? Or is it there at all? :shifty:
    I'm by no means an expect in this area as of yet, but this is one of the questions I'm facing in my High-tech tank!

By the way UKAPS.org absolutely rocks!! Love your help and friendliness guys!! Cheers! :thumbup: :clap:

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Hey GrandBerry. Welcome to the society :)

You'll find two answers to this. the first is that people often remove equipment from their tanks before taking photos to help with the clean look. The second is many of us use external heaters. Specifically the Hydor ETH range. There is the ETH200 and ETH300 (200w and 300w).

Hope that helps :)

3. grandb3rry

grandb3rry Member

Thanks for your quick response. Where would I need to look for them? I just had a look on ebay and the green machine website it is not showing up. Any thoughts? :angelic:

Thanks!

Kind regards
    Arthur

4. grandb3rry

grandb3rry Member

Sorry found it! Thanks a million!