• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What is this?

Murphy-18

Just wondering if somone could tell me the name of these plants, and if which requirements they have. Can they grow fairly in 1.2wpg and be dosed with easycarbo? If i could get the names then i couold look them up myself.

Thanks folks

d3_1_b.jpg

3f0b_1.jpg

I'm afraid you have got two species of terrestrial plants there. They will die if kept permanently underwater.

The first one is a palm, probably Chamaedorea sp. (possibly C.cataractarum) and the second is an Ophiopogon sp..

If they were sold as aquatic plants then you should ask for your money back or for proper aquatics to replce them as they will just rot underwater. They will grow well if their roots are kept wet as house plants in a humid, bright room or greenhouse though.

I have to agree with Ed.

They will last a little while submerged but then deteriorate and start polluting the water.

Unfortunately there are too many local fish shops selling this sort of plant and whilst they look good initially it will only be initially.

I have one near me that sells Tropica Plants but also sells non aquatic plants to the unsuspecting!

Well i dont actually have them, they are for sale on ebay and i thought they looked pretty cool so i was about to buy them, but i wanted to know more first to see if they woul suit my setup, but its a shame that they are non-aquatic plants :(
So is it best top stay away from them altogether or could i try them for a little bit, how long would they last?

Thanks folks.

hi,
i reckon less than a month.they'll start rotting pretty quickly.
neil

Back