• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What I've learned so far about ferts

Matti

Hi guys, after two years of test and trail, all sorts of alqae issues, bad plant grows, lean ferts, indexing etc etc.
What I have found out IMHO, the main three ferts you should have an eye on are nitrogen, potassium and magnesium.
Nitrogen is the power fert, it will make your plants grow. After I started dosing JBL nitro I even had to trim my bucephalandras as they started to grow like crazy!
(Yuris had recently a video about post plant growth were he complained the light, sorry dude it's nitrogen deficiency.)

When you start adding nitrogen and the plants get crazy, you also start to see the lack of other ferts. If you have Hygrophila of any sort they easily get holes in their leaves, that's lack of potassium.
JBL Nitro also has potassium, so if you dose it no problems .

If your Anubias also start growing well, but the new leaves are not as they should bet kind of curly or shrunken, ad some magnesium and see what happens.

I dose now Tropica Premium according the label. And extra JBL nitro + JBL magnesium. Plants are happy, I am happy.

Back