• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What LED bulbs????

Ok I see, basically you need to have light over around 6000k in order to grow plants...
The first link does not say what spectrum the bulb is....
The second says that the bulbs are Cree, so thats good but does not say the spectrum...
The third says "Color: Cool white (6000K), Warm white (3200K-3500K)"

So for this reason go for the third option in Cool White, make sure they send you the correct bulb as the warm colour will not work well. It should be obvious, as the warm one would give off a slightly yellowish light similar to that of an incandescent lightbulb.

Ok also just on a side not I bought a whole load of these 60led GU10 light bulbs for my house when I moved in as I could not face the idea of every room taking up 200w of power with halogens, within 6 months all the light bulbs stopped working...I now only have 1 left and only half the led's on it still work, now I just use a whole lot of lamps in my house.

I'm keen to get one of these 9w bulbs for my 50L bowl - any news on whether they're any good? Keep us posted...

I'm currently using a 3x3w Cree led bulb on a wine glass with a dsm Anubis nana petite. So far so good. Only been running for 2 days tho. The bulb gets pretty warm. I have it in a 35w halogen desk lamp. The whole setup cost £20. Can't comment on bulb life but I have a two year warranty so if anything should go wrong I'm covered. Also havnt used it on a tank with water but plan to in the future. I did use it over a glass of water and when blowing the surface it created the shimmer in the bottom of the glass. It's a good option. I'm also liking benes option. Would be a nice DIY project.

5284e575-ccd3-503d.jpg
here is my setup ;)

Looks nice and bright, compared to what I have now. Is that the 30 degree beam angle? I need a much wider beam, like 60 or 90 degrees. Hows the Anubias growing in the dry?

Any chance of a photo foxfish?

I'd like to see whether light spills out around the top and sides. I think that'd be the best bulb for me to get though.

Cheers

Back