• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What light do i need

joanne

How much light would I need for my tank. Plants I am looking at are Pogostemon Helferi & Hemianthus Callitrichoides plus some tall plants not sure which ones yet. I dose with easyCarbo and use diy co2 but looking for a small unit unit to fit in my bedroom. The tank size is 50W x 49H x 34D cm and 65l

Also as I need to keep the lid on my tank due to cats being in the house. Is interpet the only one that do compact t5 as they are hard to find.

Thanks Joanne

Pogostemon helferi and H. callitrichoides do not need particularily high light (but won't do well under low lighting).

If you went for 2wpg (65ltr = approx 20usg) 40 watts should do them fine depending on the rest of your setup, flow rates make a remarkable difference with regards to distribution of the ferts (incl. CO2). So, what filter and/or additional powerhead do you have? Also what substrate does the tank contain? As Ceg (my computer generated hero), would say: "Insufficient data provided to make full analysis" :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Ceg realises I'm joking, but a bit more hardware info would help.

Thanks Simon

I am looking at getting a Eheim 2213 or 2217 not sure which one would be best I have a Fluval 2 Plus Internal Filter at the moment and it's rubbish

The substrate will be Akadama

Back