• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What lighting for TMC Signature 600?

Aeropars

Hi all,

After some deliberation I've decided on a 60cm rather than an 80 CM. I've mocked up a cardboard cutout of both sizes in my new house and thing the smaller option fits better with the room.

So I need some advice on some low cost lighting for the TMC.

I want it to look modern and give me low'ish light levels. I'll be growing a bit of everything (undecided as yet) with CO2 injection but unlikely I'll go for massivee amounts of stems.

I cannot have a ceiling mounted unit so it has to fit on the tank. Ideally LED but as I'm only paying £300 for the tank, I dont want to spend another £300 on lighting.

All help appreciated.

The Grobeam 600s are great. You don't have to have a controller for them - could always add on elater if you wanted to.

Using the MMS system you cut the metal to the correct size. You then use attach the metal bar to the mountaRay or the new rim mounts.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

I have the Grobeam 600 on a Mr. Aqua 11.4 (18.9 x 11.8 x 11.8 Inch) and I hung it on the AquaRay MMS Rail 490mm (19.3") and it fits perfectly. I suspended it with their suspension kit and it was very easy to install without any cutting or fabrication on my part.

I used only one rail for one light so no plastic Mountaray. "AquaRay MMS Rail 490mm (19.3")" was on the invoice from GLA who I think is the only retailer in the US (that I know of).

Here's a bad phone pic to show how things lined up:

photo_zpsc3a9639f.jpg

I hope this helps you.

Last edited:
It's a stainless steel shower curtain rod with a 3/4" piece of conduit slid into the top. It's held on with two U clamps (can find in hardware store in the electrical section) screwed into the side of the DIY cabinet. It didn't cost me anything as I had access to a bender and the materials at work but I can't imagine this being more than $20 total if you can find someone who can bend the conduit.

I control my intensity by raising or lowering the light on the hanging kit so I didn't have to buy a dimmer.

I have a TMC 1500ND on my TMC 60cm signature and it is perfect.....as long as you use a controller!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back