• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What might be causing this...

fleabilly

Have not really changed anything in the circulation of my tank.
Co2 has been stable...
Water just moves the surface, but not breaking the surface.
Only thing I can think is I am not getting proper dispersion from my up inline co2 injector.

Any ideas?

u4ubezyj.jpg

Sent

a labyrinth fish of some sort? Gourami/siamese fighter?

Whitey89 said:
I get this, just co2 or oxygen bubbles forming, more likely oxygen. Definitely nothing to worry about.

My first thought was that it looked very much like a bubble nest - but unusually not in a corner of the tank.

I would say oxygen, not CO2. But could be either I suppose. Or both.

foxfish said:
looks excess protein possibly overfeeding fish.
Or plant deficiencies that create a film on the top of the water and trap oxygen and co2 bubbles under it.

LondonDragon said:
foxfish said:
looks excess protein possibly overfeeding fish.
Or plant deficiencies that create a film on the top of the water and trap oxygen and co2 bubbles under it.

Agreed. Probably lack of Co2, causing plants to secrete proteins causing a film on the surface.

Either way don't think we're far off between us :p

So as it turn out,
My two ADF have been busy shagging in the tall grass, then laid some eggs in it.

I hear that they tend to eat them, which is great on account that I will be gone for a fortnight, and I was worried about them dying of hunger.

R

paru8ape.jpg

Sent

Back