• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what photo packages?

charlie

I thought it would be a good idea to find out what photo packages members are using to edit (remove algae!!) from their photos. Can anyone provide details of what they are using eg photoshop elemenst 7, and how they find the packages to use. If this is already posted elsewhere my apologies and can you direct me to it.

Thanks

Andy

To remove algae I usually use a good balance of CO2, Ferts, Flow and Ligthing :p

Photos packages I use to edit curves is Nikon Capture Editor (this one mainly to crop, change levels and USM), if I want to edit the photo itself I use either Paintshop Pro and Photoshop CS4.

I do the majority of processing in Lightroom 2, plus a bit in CS3.

Lightroom 2 is a fantastic programme, in my opinion. Using vibrance saturates the less vibrant colours, but leaves the more vibrant alone, so you don`t lose any detail.

Dave.

So you guys have loads algae in your tanks and paint it out hey,well whatever next, so what we see is not the true picture
:lol: regards john

For processing RAW files I use RAWShooter Essentials 2005 which I think is great for a free software package. Adobe bought this and turned it into their Lightroom product :)

Other than this, I use photoshop CS2 or sometimes GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). GIMP is free and pretty powerful, just maybe not as user friendly as Photoshop IMO. Definately worth trying though.

I've not editted a pic yet but I have CS3 and am just learning about using it. Looks quite complicated as yet but hopefully I'll get used to it once I do the tutorials I've got.

Back