• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what plant is this?

glenn

sorry no pic...just imagination ;)
its a bulb plant.
vivid green.
max length about 2M (79") at its peak of growth.
dies of during winter and grows back again when warmer.
leaves/vines are about 2cm acros.
its not a demanding plant as i have no co2 and low lighting.
thanks in advance :p

George Farmer said:
Or could be an Aponogeton, as they are seasonal.

What is the leaf shape?
no nothing like that...the vine shape is straight edge with no 'crinkles',pretty rectuanular vine shape.
it grow much taller that the pictures of Aponogeton i have seen.
looking through tropica.com i think i might have found a plant that fits my description-http://www.tropica.com/default.asp
apart form i have never seen my plant grow a shoot out of the side and it says medium-high light where i have very low light and it grow fine.
put the leaf/vine shap is the same.

mr. luke said:
Crinum?/onion plant?
i dont know what that looks like but it is an onion...
and george i think i have found somthing simular to it in your articly in PFK on 'back to basics'-i rip this article out every isue :wideyed: and keep it with all the other back to basic articles so i have a condenced guid to aquascaping :lol: its realy helpfull :) great work :!:
its sumular to the plant used in the background of 'harlquin heaven'

glenn said:
mr. luke said:
Crinum?/onion plant?
i dont know what that looks like but it is an onion...
and george i think i have found somthing simular to it in your articly in PFK on 'back to basics'-i rip this article out every isue :wideyed: and keep it with all the other back to basic articles so i have a condenced guid to aquascaping :lol: its realy helpfull :) great work :!:
its sumular to the plant used in the background of 'harlquin heaven'
Thanks for the feedback, glenn.

The plant I use there is Vallisnera spiralis 'tiger'.

But it could be this - http://www.tropica.dk/productcard_1.asp?id=093

Themuleous said:
Glenn - that link you provided is to the default tropica homepage ;) which plant was it you were trying to link to?

Thanks

Sam
ohh sory the link i tryed to put up was the one george has put up thats the one im talking about i think. but i have never seen mine grow a shoot out the side.

Back