• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What plant?

G H Nelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi Crew...and Mick D.
Can you identify this plant?
Submerged transformed leaf with red veins.
Just below a emersed leaf...stem has a salmon pinkish colour on some parts.
You can't remove the leaf without stripping some outer skin.
I decided to cut them off.
b69479e5-7149-42d1-98ad-bcfad69c9e6c_zpsd0470025.jpg

5cff8ec7-1de7-4435-be92-1a175eb89794_zps937af3f3.jpg
Regards
hoggie

Last edited:
Hi Trio
No just the tops at the moment...leaves are very delicate.
Got the pot from Maidenhead Aquatics...2 weeks ago no label.
Cheers
hoggie[DOUBLEPOST=1408473664][/DOUBLEPOST]2a431e21-abd6-4d30-bc34-f461c4e1e822_zps5a869831.jpg

d10f3854-44a6-49de-970a-f9354aa49e68_zpsfaa7ff60.jpg

Last edited:
It reminded me of a journal I read the other week. Resembles Ludwigia Glandulosa, but not yet fully developed.

Stem doesn't really look Ludwigia, neither does the stem of the leaves. Ludwigia sphaerocarpa comes closest, but I don't think it's that one.
It look very " Nesaea-ish ", to me. There are several species. Did it go red very fast (as in a few days) after being submerged??
Is the stem "fragile" and "crunchy" or more difficult (= need fingernails or sciccors) to break??
But, (as I allways say, I know)......pictures of leaves are not very good for ID, since leaves look quite different according to environment !!
- if you could let part of the plant grow out of water, it would probaply flower (Ludwigia defenitely would), making ID a lot easier.......
If it's Nesaea, it likes good light and reasonable ferts - and it will grow fast and easy. To be trimmed for development of bushy appearance, though.

Cheers Mick
I think your right...mate:clap::thumbup:
http://tropica.com/en/plants/plantdetails/Nesaeacrassicaulis(033B)/4449
Nesaea crassicaulis
3.JPG

Cheers
hoggie

I feel a strange, personal connection to that picture.........:rolleyes::happy:
- but I'm quite sure your plant is not standard Neseae crassicaulis. Another species or some variety.

Your plant MIGHT be Ammania latifolia (seems the Nesaea's are re-named as Ammania's..........this was Nesaeae latifolia earlier). The somewhat "nerved" colouration of leaves fits !!
- unless, ofcourse, your plant have coloured up totally by now, and fit pic.s of crassicaulis......;)

Back