• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What Remineralisers are you using ?

Hi all,
Dash of tap water for me and a conductivity (or conductivity proxy) reading.

cheers Darrel
Yes, me too. Your advice all those months ago to use rainwater for my two Nano’s is still much appreciated.
I laughed the other day watching a guy struggling with 50L of RO water from the LFS. I wonder how much he paid for it, any ideas?

Hi all,
Really cant wait to download the fertiliser calculator but as yet i don`t own a PC :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Is it possible to create a remineraliser without adding any pottasium ?
I want to create a remineraliser solution in a standard 500ml container that will add calcium and magnessium to my super soft Manchester water supply.
I will be creating a mix using calcium chloride and magnessium sulfate to dose both my 80l scapes on a ratio of 3-1 or 4-1.
Is there a problem with diluting fairly high amounts of the above salts in just 500ml ?.

Many thanks for any help
Daz

Yes you can but not with your chosen compounds and need for a concentrate, the Calcium Chloride will react with the Magnesium Sulphate and precipitate out Calcium Sulphate as soon as the concentration exceeds Calcium Sulphates solubility limit. If you use Magnesium Chloride instead of Sulphate then you can make a concentrated brine solution up to the solubility limit of the least soluble compound (Calcium).

:)

Back