• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What size heater is suitable for 60L tank?

Robbie X

Hi all.
What size heater is best for a 60L tank?
I currently have a Superfish aqua100W heater but I’m not happy with it’s accuracy. It’s the second one I have purchased in the last few days as the first one had a faulty thermostat and even though it was set to 25 it was at 35 before I noticed the temp. This second one is also not accurate.
Any feedback on a decent replacement brand most welcome 👍🏻

Buy an accurate digital cooking thermometer then set your temperate based on how far off the heater is, no heater i have had has been the same as the next one.
i like eheim heaters but they are all much of a muchness, they will all break one day.

For reference, my eheim jagers are anywhere between 0.5 and 1.5 degrees off the actual temperature they cut off at, i own a fair few cheap digital 'aquarium' thermometers and they are off by quite a bit too, my most accurate are my TDS+temp and a meat thermometer that i got off ebay.

Buy an accurate digital cooking thermometer then set your temperate based on how far off the heater is, no heater i have had has been the same as the next one.
i like eheim heaters but they are all much of a muchness, they will all break one day.
I have also noticed minor discrepancies in the past but nothing close to the +10.6 and still rising that was happening.
I have just adjusted this new one again but if it’s not within +/- .5 of my setting I’ll order an Oase one as all my Oase heaters are pretty good.

Back