• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What spec scales - Weighing EI chems

spyder said:
ian_m said:
What would make it quicker would be to pour water into dosing bottles, allow to cool a bit then put the salts straight into the bottle. However spooning salts into the neck of the bottles without spillage is not as easy as dropping into a jug and then pouring into the bottles.

Your almost there. How about using a plastic funnel to add your salts to an empty dosing bottle then measuring out water from the tap into a measuring jug, pouring into dosing bottle, cap it and shake it well. :thumbup:
I have all changed now as I have moved (or will have shortly when fitted) to auto dosing.

See http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22332&p=229000#p229000.

Already mixed the 2 litre bottles of mAcro and mIcro. I filled my 39p 1litre jugs with 750ml water, left to cool, then added double dose of dry salts (for 1litre equivalent), which dissolved OK, poured into litre bottles and topped up to 1litre from cooled kettle.

My dosing setup may get fitted to tank tonight, when I have finished helping make a Greek costume for my son and helping my daughter with a weather vane.....

ian_m said:
spyder said:
ian_m said:
What would make it quicker would be to pour water into dosing bottles, allow to cool a bit then put the salts straight into the bottle. However spooning salts into the neck of the bottles without spillage is not as easy as dropping into a jug and then pouring into the bottles.

Your almost there. How about using a plastic funnel to add your salts to an empty dosing bottle then measuring out water from the tap into a measuring jug, pouring into dosing bottle, cap it and shake it well. :thumbup:
I have all changed now as I have moved (or will have shortly when fitted) to auto dosing.

See http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22332&p=229000#p229000.

Already mixed the 2 litre bottles of mAcro and mIcro. I filled my 39p 1litre jugs with 750ml water, left to cool, then added double dose of dry salts (for 1litre equivalent), which dissolved OK, poured into litre bottles and topped up to 1litre from cooled kettle.

My dosing setup may get fitted to tank tonight, when I have finished helping make a Greek costume for my son and helping my daughter with a weather vane.....

Have been following that Ian, does look high tech indeed, not sure as at min, my set up is a nano, so small doses manually work just as well :thumbup:, holidays and such would be interesting, but missed days here and there wont kill anything I think.

sr20det said:
Have been following that Ian, does look high tech indeed, not sure as at min, my set up is a nano, so small doses manually work just as well :thumbup:, holidays and such would be interesting, but missed days here and there wont kill anything I think.
Another low tech way I thought of dosing, is to purchase loads of 30ml plastic bottles (@29p each http://www.ampulla.co.uk/ROUND-HDPE-PLASTIC-BOTTLES-30ML---250ML-/c-1-115/) or 15ml dropper bottles (@30p each) and prefill them with the required amount of mix. You then just empty a bottle each day or every other day, job done. Thought about doing this so my neighbour could fertilise the tank whilst I am away, but they are "scared" of our house alarm :? so an alternative had to be found.

I have updated my peristaltic pump thread with some more pictures. Hopefully testing tonight. I have some spare containers for water so I can test the flow which should be about 3ml/minute.

Back