What T8's are 'in' nowadays?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by nry, 11 Apr 2009.

1. nry

nry Member

It's a good while since the current 15w 2xT8's went into my hood, they're both Arcadia with one freshwater (whiter) and one of the more red-coloured tubes (can't recall the name now).

I always liked the Interpet Daylight tubes but I believe these are now replaced.

Any suggestions on what tubes are worth looking at? I know there are now a few non-aquatic websites for tubes which are likely cheaper, so I'm open to suggestions :)

2. GreenNeedle

GreenNeedle Member

I've always liked the colour from the Arcadia Freshwater. Never liked the colour from the Original Tropical.

I was using a Realux pink light until recently which was really good but I was still using the Arcadia Freshwater with it. Expensive compared to the 'non aquarium' tubes but if you like it why not?

It was on a programmed electronic ballast however and that meant I had the tube for 2 years (pretty much since I first bought new tubes for a planted tank.

AC

3. nry

nry Member

Original Tropical, that's the one!

I got that to put at the front of the tank to highlight the fish colours (Rasbora Maculatus) which it does do well, and whilst this is purely aesthetic, it doesn't do much of a job lighting into the measly 30cm depths of my tank.

Perhaps just replacing the OT with a freshwater would be the easiest option.

4. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

5. nry

nry Member

Cheers George, ironic it's cheaper to buy 3 tubes than 2 though due to delivery costs on orders under £9 before VAT :)

6. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

You're welcome, Chris. And welcome back mate. Nice to see you... :D

7. nry

nry Member

Cheers :) I've been lurking on occasion but I guess the benefits of a slow growing scape let the hobbies wander to other areas for a while!