What tetra?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by myboyshay, 9 Oct 2009.

1. myboyshay

myboyshay Member

Hi there,

Nearly ready for stocking and I can't decide between embers, green neons and I love cardinals but I think they may look too big in a 60cm Iwagumi.

What are the green neons like does anyone have any?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    "Serenity Peak" Journal
    viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7750#p85503

2. YzemaN

YzemaN Member

Lemon tetra look good in a 'gumi, but I think like most tetras they only school until they have settled in.

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Ive got a few green neons, much smaller than cardinals and neons. Personally I've found them to be hardy and a pretty fish, with almost no red, just the green/blue iridescent stripe.

Sam

4. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

5. andy

andy Member

Most tetras will look good, it's purely down to preference. As mentioned, lemon and x-ray tetras look superb in a planted tank as do serpae, head and tail light and black phantoms.

Do you have to have tetras ? My local maidenhead aquatics has a tank full of lampeyes (only £1 each too) and they've inspired me to set up another tank with just them in as they look so good.

6. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

IMO go for something small in a 2ft tank. Smaller fish make the tank look bigger as they decieve the eye and you can have a larger shoal of them too.

I'd look at a big shoal of the smaller rasboras, lampeyes, blue-eyes, smaller barbs and danios or smaller tetras as possibles too if you're not restricting yourself just to tetras.

7. myboyshay

myboyshay Member

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I've decided to go with the green neons, I think they'll suit my scape the best.

cheers

Mark