• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What tetra?

Lemon tetra look good in a 'gumi, but I think like most tetras they only school until they have settled in.

Most tetras will look good, it's purely down to preference. As mentioned, lemon and x-ray tetras look superb in a planted tank as do serpae, head and tail light and black phantoms.

Do you have to have tetras ? My local maidenhead aquatics has a tank full of lampeyes (only £1 each too) and they've inspired me to set up another tank with just them in as they look so good.

IMO go for something small in a 2ft tank. Smaller fish make the tank look bigger as they decieve the eye and you can have a larger shoal of them too.

I'd look at a big shoal of the smaller rasboras, lampeyes, blue-eyes, smaller barbs and danios or smaller tetras as possibles too if you're not restricting yourself just to tetras.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I've decided to go with the green neons, I think they'll suit my scape the best.

cheers

Mark

Back