• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what to do when you have no lighting?

Ark

my light unit broke yesterday and the plants have no light source, i am looking for a new light but until then what should i do? Should i carry on dosing liquid carbon and ferts or not?
Help would be lovely :)

I would cut back on everything for now. You could treat it like you would a blackout :)

It might be worth checking your LFS. I bought a cheap 13w clip on light, similar to those you can get on ebay for £10. You may also be able to just use an Ikea/other fluorescent lamp, again for around £10. That might be the quickest and most convenient temporary fix until your replacement light arrives?

Others may vary in their opinion. Gather all the spare lamps around your house and huddle them next to your tank. Stop dosing (unless your tank is actually bright with these lights). Then hurry up and get some lighting, or your plants are going to start dying in about a week to ten days. Good luck!

Back