• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape what to do with a massive log?

jamiep

The monster is 26cm x 92cm, the bucket for scale is a normal 11ltr one. The smaller is still 70cm.

I'm after suggestions for what the hell to do with them. It'll be in a 120cm tank. I have a load of big pieces of mountain rock and loads of redmoor root.

I was thinking a pile of rocks stacked more so around the right hand side.

I have Cory so there does need to be a decent rock barrier against the soil and a front area of sand
20221204_182449.jpg

Your biggest challenge will be getting the darned thing to sink. I have been working on ways to make a pretty large piece fit my tank in different orientations hoping the weight of the wood do the work, but what I have finally arrived at is a lower water level so the wood will actually sit on the substrate. Hopefully it will evantually become properly submerged and the water level can be increased.

Your biggest challenge will be getting the darned thing to sink. I have been working on ways to make a pretty large piece fit my tank in different orientations hoping the weight of the wood do the work, but what I have finally arrived at is a lower water level so the wood will actually sit on the substrate. Hopefully it will evantually become properly submerged and the water level can be increased.

I agree. My centrepiece log is a big old chunk but still a little smaller than that one and after 7 weeks weighted down and fully submerged in an outdoor container, I still had to attach it to a couple of pretty big rocks to hold it down in the tank!!

I did a log tank about 10 years ago…..

Back