• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What to use as an AquaSoil/sand divider?

Use sweet jars chopped up or food standard plastics for a permanent barrier. Remember to put it in very first.

I've used the sides of plastic penny sweet boxes. Easy to cut and a bit stiffer than pop bottles so they stayed in place better. But I'm sure a pop bottle would work fine too.

i take it they have to be cut in a spiral? how do you join them together? or just over lap? how do they not curl up again? or is this the substrate that keeps it there?

Cut it into strips then bend it down the centre. I didn't join mine I just overlapped them so there's no gaps. The substrate and stones you'll no doubt use help keep everything put.

If you heat it in hot/warm water then it makes it easier to straighten it and/or shape it into the curves you want.

Cool, thanks guys. We've got a load of bottles left over from Xmas so that's perffect!

I was looking for a permanent solution BTW.

Back