• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What trigger Java Fern to grow plantlets

tiger15

I have two type of Java Fern, Trident and regular wide leaf. I have never seen plantlets in my Trident, but from time to time, my regular JF grow plantlets at the tips. I recall reading somewhere that JF under stress will give off plantlets. Can it be true or there are other triggering factors. Both types are thriving in my high tech set up, so in no way my JF are under stress.

I have one trident fern that is shaded which very rarely drops plantlets, the other in high light drops them all the time.

I have one trident fern that is shaded which very rarely drops plantlets, the other in high light drops them all the time.
Can high light be stressful to Java fern that cause it to reproduce plantlets? JF are low light plant and in nursery, they are often grown with sunscreen protection.

I have two patches of JF, regular and Trident grown side by side, under the same low to medium light intensity of about 40 PAR. I have never seen plantlets in my Trident, and my regular was mostly free of but suddenly popped up with plantlets. Since both are grown under the same condition, what triggered the sudden burst of plantlets in the regular but not the Trident is perplexing to me.

Attachments

• 6E3B58EF-8D10-4083-A436-FD8A7E72FFC4.jpeg
    6E3B58EF-8D10-4083-A436-FD8A7E72FFC4.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 145
  • FFB5DDF8-6499-4B29-A011-41CFA7146960.jpeg
    FFB5DDF8-6499-4B29-A011-41CFA7146960.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 124
Back