• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What type of Corydora is this?

CrazyCory42

A friend of mine was breaking down her tank and asked me if I’d have her rag tag group of corys; 2 bronze, 1 albino, 2 peppered and 1 unknown cory to join my group of false Julii in my 100l tank.

Out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew what type of Cory this is? It’s much smalller than the others, I thought it was a Pygmy to begin with but then the colouration doesn’t look quite right.
26884DDC-AB3C-4B27-9C2F-38F441CBF147.jpeg
B3E7D123-9DBE-40D4-85AC-3140E11022B9.jpeg

Im not familiar enough with this species to give you an exact ID but it looks like one of the lineage 5 species.

If you post for ID on the facebook group Corydoras World you will get a correct ID. Sometimes Ian Fuller himself will reply.

Elegans and napoensis are the most commonly sold species that look like this, so chances are high it's one of those.

Hi all,
Elegans and napoensis are the most commonly sold species that look like this, so chances are high it's one of those.
Looks like C. undulatus.
That was my reason for guessing C. napoensis or C. elegans. There are <"plenty of threads"> on PlanetCatfish about trying to identify these <"Line 5" Corydoras spp."> In the <"Cat-eLog entry for C. elegans"> it says:
A very variable species not made easier to identify by the difference in colouration of mature males and females. Similar to C. napoensis, C. nanus and C. sp. CW044 (often called C. pestai), C. undulatus and a few variations thereof.

cheers Darrel

Back