• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what water to use with Ei Starter Kit

widow-maker

What water do you use to mix the salts for ei starter kit? distilled water ? my tap water is already full of nitrate and phosphate.

thanks

Boiled & cooled tap water is the usual and most convenient, unless you have easy access to RO water.

Fantastic, plants will love it, so use this boiled and cooled.

Why are you boiling your tap water?

because the water will stand for a number of weeks in the bottle, boiling kills off nasties that might multiply
No.

To reduce the hardness, as if water is extremely hard you can suffer precipitates of calcium phosphate.

"nasties" will not be able to live in the macro solution, and the micro solution contains preservative.

I use RO water, but only because I have it available, distilled from the shops would be fine and so would boiled tap as above.

What water do you use to mix the salts for ei starter kit? distilled water ? my tap water is already full of nitrate and phosphate.

thanks
You do not need any special water. Just use tap water. I have no idea where the idea came from to use distilled or RO water, or to boil water. There is absolutely no benefit, nor are there any disadvantages to using the water straight from your tap.

Cheers,

Back