• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what watts?? - Rio 180

mikeljojo

Seedling
Hi,

I'm mucho confused about calcuating WPG for T5 lights. I have a Rio 180, fitted with x2 45 watt tubes - but what WPG does this work out to?

I understand the calculation for T8's - but are the claims about T5's acurate when they state 150% brighter than T8 tubes?

Cheers,

Mike.

I've got the same tank and with enough flow and CO2 I've got loads of plants growing rampantly. I would fit some good reflectors though and D-D gull wing reflectors just fit and are well worth the money - a different class from the Jewel ones.

Thanks for the words of advice and reassurance!! At least I can proceed with some confidence now.

I'm really pleased with how the tank is looking - despite it having no plants yet! I'm fortunate enough to live about 30 mins away from The Green Machine, so went along a couple of weeks ago to pick out a couple of pcs of Redmoor for the hardscape. Took me over half an hour to sort through the huge selection they have, but landed on a couple of crackers!

Will post some images in the next week and introduce myself properly - as I'm a newbie to ukaps.

Thanks again,

Mike.

Back