• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's coming out of my FE ?

andy

My 2 KG fire extinguisher was set up on 10th Feb, 2012. It runs at around 1bps. Just before xmas, it stopped working...it must've run out so i presumed.

Gave the tank a rescape and added new plants at the weekend, rehung the tetra ladder i use for dispersal and it started working again....im now getting 1bps as before. Surely this can't still be producing CO2 after nearly a year of use.

The gauge say psi is at around 2 ? No pearling from the plants but i have a bit of a bacterial bloom so lighting is reduced.

Should they last this long

regards

Andy

Hi,
I've had my 2kg fe at just over 1 bps running into the sera co2 reactor for 8 hrs a day and its still 3/4 full ... Every set up is different ,
Bubble counters differ for a start , distribution, uptake from plants etc etc . It lasts as long as it lasts , keep and eye on the tank pressure as soon as it drops below about 800psi then its time to change , as you may end up with an end of tank dump in there .
Hope this helps .
Cheers

Your FE with horn attached will have its full weight stamped on the side. So weigh it. Normally about 5.5Kg odd, when full going down to 3.5Kg empty.

I write the weight, with regulator attached, and date on my FEs so trivially simple to stick scales underneath to determine how much CO2 is left.

Back