• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whats Going On

squiggley

Can't seem to figure whats going on here. I can't get my drop checker off yellow.
Even when I check first thing in the morning when the lights have been off all night it has barely change.
This morning I changed the solution and placed it near the bottom front of the tank, furthest away from the diffuser. When I checked lunch time it was light green, but because the gas was turned down so long it hasn't made it past the diffuser, so no gas.
The spray bar from the filter is pointing upwards rippling the surface and the koralia pointing down wards.

Fluval Osaka 155
TetraTec 1200 External Filter
Koralia 1
Co2 - Diy FE
Drop Checker : JBL + 4dkH
Lights 2 x 24 watt (on 4hrs off 2hrs on 4hrs)
Water
gH = 3.6dh
kH = 0.56dh
pH = 6.0 (test kit wont go any lower)
Dosing Ei

I was wonder whether it was the 4dkh solution or the checker. The 4dkH was from AE.
Maybe I'll get another bottle and a different drop checker

Tank has only been set up for 3 weeks and as its plants only I wasn't too worried but have been trying to tweak it to get in safe for when I add fish, but then the gas gets so low that it won't pass thru the diffuser.

It can't be the DC, it must be the solution IMO. I had a dodgy batch from AE but it was a very long time ago, my DC was always yellow.

If thats the same solution I sent to you Darren, I can confirm it was going into the yellow when I had it, I only used the solution twice but both time it did go yellow.

JOHNNY

Yes it is Johnny.

Think I'll have to order another bottle.

Back