• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What's this on the glass? Start of diatoms?

Ajm200

Hi

Can I have you expert opinion on what this might be.

P1010163.jpg

It looks someone has drawn a little cluster of circles on the glass with pencil. The photo doesn't show it particularly clearly. Scrapes off easily. First thought was diatoms as this tank is new but ammonia has consistently read 0 since setup. The little lines are air bubbles from the filter. I was checking flow round the tank and forgot to turn them
off for the photo

Tank 90l
lighting. 24w t8. 6hrs/day
co2 1ml easycarbo per day
ferts. 1ml tpn+ per day
2 mature internal filters taken from another tank 1200l per hr combined

tank has been setup a week.
Ammonia and nitrite constantly 0 nitrate highest 30ppm
2 x 30% water changes so far as I have young rams in the tank.

Only apple and nerite snails at the moment and they wouldn't lay eggs like those. The remaining assassins are all in the 48l so I'd ruled out snails.

I only posted this as I was stumped. I wasn't sure about diatoms as I'd always thought they looked more like a scattering of brown sand on everything.

Hi

It looks to me like fish eggs (looks exactly like corydora eggs)

Thanks
gzylo

Pest snails lay in a clear gelatinous 'blob', apple snails eggs are bright pink and nerites are much smaller and white, so you can rule snails out :thumbup: These are fish eggs! What fish are in the tank?

Yes. There's 5 panda cories in the tank. I wonder if they could have been. I've scraped them off now but if more appear I'll leave them and see what happens :). Exciting stuff.

My googling skills obviously need work

Thanks

Just found some pics that I could view with the iPod and I see what you mean. They do look like cory eggs. Some baby corys in the tank would be so cool!

Back