• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whats this plants name?

RickB

goldytoe.jpg
The grass like plant behind the repens, what is it?

I was thinking it is Juncus Repens, but not sure.

Ok, is injected co2 vital to this plant?

It needs a good substrate feeding to root well.. Can give some difficulties in low tech to get it going. But if you give it time and manage to get it used to these conditions it'l do ok. Problem is, it's a true aquatic and unly submersed, so if you get it and it's growen in different conditions than you can give it, it needs to get used to that. Try to find a supplier who sells it with roots and not just non rooted cuttings. Blyxa with roots addapts better. If it has no roots it might all melt away before it has developed some..

btw.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/my-old-180-rimless-redone.9942/

Hmmm any idea where to buy it potted with roots? My substrate is going to have good nutrients, tetra complete as base, then root tabs then tropica soil powder.

I have high light but will only be using liquid carbon.

Try a tropica dealer, tropica has it in it's collection and always nice plants.. :)

Does it have another name because I cannot see it on tropica's website.

Thanks, I like the plant, but may just get the juncus repens instead as I am still quite new new to planted tanks.

Back