• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

whats wrong with my plants

lee

Seedling
im a beginner at plants only bin doing it for 5 weeks, 70% of my plants are ok,so i must be doing something right ,but some of them are not,has anyone got any idears.......sorry dont no the names of the plants....
set up
fluval osaka 240l,filt fluval305 lph1000,powerflow koralia 2600gph,co2 500g bottle,4to6 bub a sec 25ppm,eco complete substate,reactor ph6.8 kh5dh gh8dh temp 80c, light on 8 hour,ro water 1/4 tap,3/4 ro,going to keep dicuss fish soon,dry fert,rotine of james tank, only about 5 little fish at the moment

They all look like they've been planted fairly recently. There will be a period of adjustment as some plants will have been grown emersed and those leaves will die off while new, submersed ones grow.

Also you've got your koralia positioned horizontally and in the same rough direction as the outlet from your filter - I'd use the koralia to direct some flow towards the smaller plants at the front. Make sure that the outflow from the filter and the koralia are pushing water around the tank together and not competing by blasting their flow in opposite directions thereby cancelling out their flow rates.

, do you mean put the koralia at the other end of the tank and face it downwoulds,because if you keep the koralia at the same end and face it down wounds surely the flows would be canceling each other out, woundent thai,and you reckon plants will sort there self out once they started rooting

To place an extra pump to boost flow I would turn off the filter and look at the flow rate when just the filter is running. This will then show you where the flow is lacking and will allow you to position the koralia more effectively. Personally I think it would be best with the koralia at the right rear corner of the tank pointing down towards the centre front of the tank, but it will depend on how the water flows around in your tank as each tank's flow patterns differ slightly from other tanks.

Back