• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When do you recommend to start dosing fertz on a newly planted tank?

si walker

Hi all.

I am all planted and been running in for a week now.
Info is a bit vague on when to start dosing. I have put a couple of Root Tabs in and using Tropica Soil
Will be using Tropica fertz.

At what point would you recommend starting and also what part of the day?

Any info happily received.

I will watch the masterclass later!

Thanks

Si

Hi @si walker,

You don’t want the plants to run out of nutrients at any point.

If you are going to be using EI levels of dosing, then I would probably start dosing and have a few water changes a week or even daily until established.

If on the leaner side, which I don’t have experience with yet, I’d be apt to start with a small daily dose while that substrate leeches out - but tropica isn’t that nutrient dense. So I’m not sure on that one.

Edit: I think it is about being aware of what you do. If you add the nutrients, know that your plants will have them but your co2 demand will increase so it needs to be spot on. If you starve the plants, then well they may get unhealthy. If you see algae, do a water change - or do one anyways and replace nutrients - or embrace the algae. All of this is driven by light, so using shorter and less intense photoperiods will pull off the gas pedal, reducing your overall nutrient demand.

Josh

Last edited:
Back