• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When kind hearted people interfere!

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi guys, i've set up a high tech 60cm iwigumi at work with a HC carpet, Blyxia, vallis nana and eleocharis (plus weeds for the minute) and i'm kinda happy with it, not perfect but it'll do. I have a shoal of 10 Hariquins in there and i was chuffed with them! Well, my boss turns up yesterday with a BOX full of fish and i just had to put my head in my hands! So..... what did it have in the box? right, 6 of the biggest male guppies i've ever seen, 6 BIG penguin tetras, 2 kuli loaches and 2 "horse face" loaches which are a GOOD 5" long!
Needless to say i did the obligatory thank you and wow they are great but i'm sitting here looking at them thinking "what am i gonna do with all of them?" i can see a trip to the LFS and a story to my boss about jumping fish or amonia poisoning!
Lesson learnt folks, don't let ANYONE get involved in your passion.
:lol:

Ouch :)

I get the same at my tank at work.. why don't you put some more fish in, looks empty.. and why do we have to have the blind down before the lights come on?!

Dan Crawford said:
Needless to say i did the obligatory thank you and wow they are great
You did better than I could have mate - to hide your dissapointment on receiving a 5" horse faced loach for your Iwagumi - that's a class act, even if it was your boss :?

I feel for you - I make that over 120cm of fish circus in what must be an 80L tank! :wideyed:

My two tanks at school are literally 'my' tanks! I did a good trick which was using RO water. I then explain to anyone that the water in there is very soft and 'ordinary' fish added to the tank would probably die as they need to be slowly acclimatised over a couple of weeks. ;) The pair of big wild angels in the tank at front of school are becoming a bit big too so that tank is pretty well stocked. (Which reminds me they both need a really good clean and sort out!)

Ed Seeley said:
My two tanks at school are literally 'my' tanks!

Ditto for my work tank. All and any new fish additions are checked with me before being bought.

Just say to them that if they want a certain type of fish or to add more fish they have to help with maintenance. I doubt people would be so interested then.

Also, Dan - where did your boss get all lose fish from? If it was a LFS then its certainly one to avoid, that's a lot of fish to add to all but the largest tanks in one go! :S

Sam

hobby fish, Milton Keynes. I do think they gave him a bit of warning but he's a 6'4" rugby player called mr A Nutter and "he gets what he wants"!
anyone want two horse face loaches coz they are deffinatly going to go "missing"!

How about a couple of nice purple parrotfish Dan.

Back