• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When to shut down co2 when using a reactor?

Omegatron

Hi, i am using an ista mix max reactor with my pressurised co2. Because my tank is in the living room with big windows i have a good amount of ambilight before lights go on. Therefore my co2 goes on 3 hours before light. Lights go out after 8 hours. My co2 is set to go off 2 hours before the lights do.

Recently i have changed checkvalves and now i notice that the co2 is a lot longer in my reactor (not sure if its because of the checkvalves). When the lights go out the reactor is still dissolving the co2.

My question. Should i set my timer so that 2 hours before lights go off the reactor has completely dissolved all co2? In my case this could mean that i can probably turn co2 off 3 / 3,5 hours before lights go off.

Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with enderuk, mine comes on 3 hours before and off 2 hours before lights on my 3 footer, best to have it optimum for lights on and used up by the end of the photoperiod for the health of your livestock IMO, when I ran it to an hour before lights out my pencil fish would sit at the waterline for a good few hours after lights out, now they just go about their business normally.

Back