• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

When will it stop sending out floaters

wick

Hi
i have some lotus liles and am wondering when it will stop bloting for the surface.
I planted them as bulbs and thay went offand grew a nice load of bottom leaves......now every leave its produces heads for the waters surface.
Now,im cutting back these floating leaves before thay reach the top and have so far removed about 4....When will it stop making floters and just make ground leaves?
Is there anything else i should be doing?
many thanks

They will never stop. You have to keep cutting because that's what plants do - they grow and head for the surface where there is more light and more CO2 so that they can take over the world. Only predation, competition and poor nutrition keeps them from accomplishing this goal.

Cheers,

Run a knife around the plant to cut the roots short, or replant it in a small pot that doesn't have any holes, this will prevent the root spreading and shoot out only smaller leaves, so I am told ;)

But if i keep cutting back,the plant will produce bottom leaves again??
just that it keeps producing top leaves at the moment and am wondering how long it will take to start making bottom ones again

LondonDragon said:
Run a knife around the plant to cut the roots short, or replant it in a small pot that doesn't have any holes, this will prevent the root spreading and shoot out only smaller leaves, so I am told ;)

hes quite correct :)

Back