• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where am I

Carpman

My plans are to do my first planted tank (trigon190), Just been looking over my lighting, I have the newer t5 system. I bought tank used and I dont know if the bulbs need to be replaced (they still work but not sure which 1's are installed no markings). I was thinking of replacing with 1 daylight and 1 colour and possibly add reflectors but I dont know where this puts me in the lighting levels.

Hi
Imo unless you can't stand the colour of them I wouldn't change them yet.
Less light is easier to handle when you're first starting out.
Standard Jewel T5 is quite a lot to start with,
adding reflectors and swapping for new bulbs will just increase light output.

Cant wait to see your tank set up, post some photos when its ready! Are you doing dirt?

Franks depth will be approx 15" depending on how much i graduate from front to rear.

Dan4x4 yes I wil be using soil, never done it before, from what I have read its best option for me so I'm using ADA Amozonia soil and powder.

Stu
Hi
Imo unless you can't stand the colour of them I wouldn't change them yet.
Less light is easier to handle when you're first starting out.
Standard Jewel T5 is quite a lot to start with,
adding reflectors and swapping for new bulbs will just increase light output.

If I stick with said lighting where am I going to be ? is it to much for low tech or am I ok for either ?
I think for a first timer I should go with low tech as time is tight, I have bought Co2 kit which I would like to use (dont see the point in having it and not using it especially if it helps plants and can help control water chemistry)

Back