• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where can I get a Mantis Shrimp from In the UK (Websites etc

ukapstt77

Hey Guys

I recently came across some vids of a Mantis Shrimp destroying a crab and have decided I need one :)

Does anyone from the UK have one and can you give me advise as to where I can get one (UK shops/UK websites Suppliers etc)

Thanks

LondonDragon said:
These are marine shrimp and they can actually break glass tanks ;)
Yeah someone on ThePufferForum.com keeps them and posted some vids and they're amazing!

You can put a sheet of acrylic in the bottom of your tank to stop them smashing the glass when they dig :)

ukapstt77 said:
You can put a sheet of acrylic in the bottom of your tank to stop them smashing the glass when they dig :)
They are prone to attack corners in the tank and cause leaks, but when they feel threatened they can charge at the glass at high speed and can cause great damage, i.e. when someone puts their finger in the glass to tease them :lol: , I never kept any marine fish but I did some research in the past regarding these shrimp, as you say they are amazing ;)

:wideyed: Holly Molly they look evil.

Just watched a video on YouTube where you see it take on a crab. Its as if it was toying with it.

Impressive

Back