• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where can I get non-Tropica plants?

Tom

I know it sounds daft, but I don't want Tropica!! Too flippin expensive! I don't want to be paying 7.95 for a silly little pot of plants! I'd end up spending 3 days wages filling my tank up in small installments. I'm sure I've upset someone there but hey lol

Is there anywhere I can get half decent plants for less money? Surely once they're growing they'll do the same job. It's just frustrating that I came to £37 for 4 pots, it's just ridiculous. I'd go to trade suppliers but I can't reach the minimum orders for a 60cm tank. I looked at Greenline but they've barely got anything

Unless.... I go to Tropica and buy £100 worth (or AquaDip for £50-60 worth), and sell the rest off on here, £2-4 a pot posted? ;) Surely worth a go I suppose

Tom

I had the same issue when setting up my tank. I ended up ordering a load of plants from Aquaspot world but, like ordering direct from Tropica, it only makes sense if you order a lot of plants because of the high postage costs from Singapore. The exchange rates aren't as good as they were a year ago now either so their plants are a lot more expensive!

I'm loathed to pay Tropica prices for stems when I know the ones from Greenline I used to get were as good as Tropica ones within a few weeks in a high-tech tank.

aaronnorth said:
almost as good quality

better in alot of cases. and more of the the plant in some cases too. i bought hc from both and the aquefleur had more pound for pound. its just a shame aquafleur dont do rotundifolia sp green

i pay 10-20p a stem for most, and a minimum order of 25 stems. not to bad, things like anubia barteri var barteri is 1.50.

a friend who lives in singapore. he buys them over there and then posts them to me, therefore cutting out the 'middleman' its very handy.

i like to keep it hush, as i dont want him selling himself out and going commercial, as he can just nip down the road, grab me some plants and send them over. the only thing he cant get is P.helferi :twisted: . hence my other post - wanting some to try to grow emersed.

Nick16 said:
i like to keep it hush, as i dont want him selling himself out and going commercial, as he can just nip down the road, grab me some plants and send them over. the only thing he cant get is P.helferi :twisted: . hence my other post - wanting some to try to grow emersed.

You should try and get him to send some of the rarer mosses and liverworts they have over there and grow them yourself for re-sale to your fellow countrymen, I for one would pay more for most mosses than I would for a solid gold sculpture of them.

Back