• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where do you guys work?

bugs said:
paul.in.kendal said:
I'm town centre manager for Windermere, Bowness, Ambleside and Grasmere. Lots of water, lots of moss, lots of rocks...

Poor you - imagine having to work in that part of the world... I used to drive to Carlisle quite a bit for work and found it hard to resist turning off to the Lakes en-route.
I still pinch myself sometimes on my good fortune. But I did take a massive pay cut for the privilege of working here. :thumbdown:

Tap water quality is outstanding, though. :D

Building services engineer - spend most of my time nowadays advising on low and zero carbon homes and how to integrate renewable technologies into buildings.

baron von bubba said:
i'm a CNC machinist. i manufacture landing gear components for various large boeing and airbus aircraft.

I also work in the aerospace industry, I assemble parts usually slide and swivel componants for the Eurofighter but also do Airbus and Boeing (mainly the Airbus A380 and Boeing Dreamliner)

Run my own painting and decorating company, been in the trade 22 years, been running my own company now for 6 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!

secondary school student, in my last year :wideyed: :thumbup: and im also on a young apprentice catering course at a collage :D

tom_in_tank_85resized.jpg

Regards,
Tom Barr

I work for Mitsubishi, it their Living Environmental Systems Division, specializing in Air Conditioning, Heating and PV or basically renewable technologies! :geek:

Although i am looking forward to a trip to our HQ in Japan, ADA here i come!!!!

I'm a workshop technician at a school where I also teach computer aided design, which is great for the DIY aquarium projects, as we have CNC machinery including a laser cutter.

3953859370_d5992b6029_o.jpg

Cheers
James

squiggley said:
baron von bubba said:
i'm a CNC machinist. i manufacture landing gear components for various large boeing and airbus aircraft.

I also work in the aerospace industry, I assemble parts usually slide and swivel componants for the Eurofighter but also do Airbus and Boeing (mainly the Airbus A380 and Boeing Dreamliner)

Make it 3.
Aerospace here too. I design landing gear; work on Falcon 7X (Dassault Aviation) and today on the Boeing 787 (design the steering mechanism on the nose gear).

Ecologists working for a private consultancy based just outside Oxford. Seem to spend rather a lot of time looking at animal poo and trying to work out which particular animal left it behind! Gets me out of the office though, which I'm glad for. Get cabin fever over the winter stuck in the office whilst the animals and plants sleep.

Sam

Back